CAT stands for Common Admission Test. To get admission in any Institutes of management in the country, you have to score well in the CAT exam. CAT Entrance Exam is a computer-based test and conduct by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). This is National-level management entrance examination. The CAT exam is conducted every year in the month of August by the IIM.
Eligibility For CAT Entrance Exam
- Candidate should be a Bachelor’s Degree holder, with at least 50% marks
- A candidate who is in the final year of a degree and who are completed a degree but still waiting for results are also can apply for the exam.
- . Even the NRIs can give this exam. The candidate belongs to Scheduled tribes (ST), Schedule Caste (SC), and Differently Abled (DA) category they needed only 45 percent in their graduation
NOTE: Final year student who has not completed their graduation there should take their average of who semester or the Cgpa. Candidates who are in the final year has also can apply for the CAT exam. CAT exam does not require any age but the student has to give the exam in the current period. For CAT exam student should have to full field the criteria like he/she should be graduate from the reputed institute. He/She must else be CS/CA/ICWA with require percentage.
CAT Entrance Admission Process
A candidate should be a shortlisted by the IIM for the second stage of selection. This selection process includes a Written Ability Test (WAT) and a Personal Interview (PI). They also consider previous academic records of candidates. The admission process for CAT exam is very easy you have to log in to the website of CAT, where you have to register your self in every detail to be full. Then you have proceeded for the next page were have to give your details about the education. Then the next page is for the selection process of Group discussion and personal Interview was you have to select the cities or the town for the group discussion and personal interview process. The student has to pay the fees for the form approximately 2100. While giving CAT exam there are many benefits that there are many colleges which accept the score of the CAT exam
CAT Exam Pattern:
To give CAT exam there are three subjects to study the first one is verbal reading were you have to make your reading ability strong. The second one is Data interpretation were you have to study graphs and calculate every graph. The third one is quantitative ability were they check your maths skills which you have a study from standard one to standard tenth.exam are kept by the Indian Institute of management.
This CAT entrance exam has 3 sections:
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||34||60 minutes|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||60 minutes|
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)||34||60 minutes|
- Every section has not same questions quantity.
- Verbal Reasoning and Reading Comprehension: this section has 60 minutes to solve 34 questions.
- Quantitative Aptitude: this section has 60 minutes to solve 34 questions.
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning: this section also has 60 minutes to solve 32 questions. Total 100 questions and 180 minutes to solve them.
- You have to select one answer from the given options. But some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type, thus you have typed your answer on the computer screen.
- Candidates can use the basic onscreen calculator for the numeric calculation.
NOTE: they are 20 IIMs in Indian where there is different percentile are taken. Every year paper is set by different IIIMs, and the level of paper can also be unpredictable. Sometimes the paper is easy sometimes the paper is toughest. There are several new IIMs were they have they own circular. The IIMs are even ranked according to their circular. The IIMs have started post-independence. IIMs has their own way of taking students. Even the engineers, doctors can apply for the CAT exam. IIMs give the exposure of the market where they help the student to know the market.