What is an MBA Degree?
An MBA Degree stands for Master of Business Administration. This MBA course is known as post-graduation degree. This is the internationally recognized degree which is designed to develop the skills and to gain extra knowledge. MBA Degree is useful in all sectors like Public, Private, and Government. Any graduate student can apply for this course or degree.
You can apply for this degree by giving entrance exam. MBA programs include different subjects like such as accounting, economics, marketing, and operations as well as own personal or professional interests.
An MBA in accounting is the degree to become more knowledgeable and skillful in business profession. With an MBA in accounting, you can be Certified Public Accountant (CPA) 2, Accountant, Financial Analyst, Financial Planner, Auditing Manager, Tax Manager, Tax Consultant, and Budget Analyst.
Economic MBA degree helps to understand the fundamentals of economics and also decision making in the business. This MBA degree is helpful for those students or peoples who want to be in a decision making role within a business.
An MBA in marketing helps to specialize in marketing for business. It includes things like consumer behavior, product and brand management, selling strategies and promotions of product, and other things about marketing.
Operations: MBA in operations degree is about the business leadership role. To run a company in the good manner there should be a skilled and knowledgeable leader. And MBA in operations degree helps to make a good leader.
Requirements to apply MBA Degree:
- Candidate should be a bachelor’s degree holder.
- There should be 50% aggregate marks.
- The candidate has to go through Entrance exam like CAT and there are other entrance exams like MAT, ATMA, XAT, TISS, etc. or Admission test.
Out of INDIA
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Candidate should have 3-4 years of full-time work experience.
- The candidate has to go through Entrance exam of GMAT or GRE. This entrance exam tests the English and required knowledge they want in the candidate. And there could be admission test for their collages.
Eligibility criteria for MBA Degree:
Every institute or B-School has different eligibility criteria to apply for MBA degree. But if we do analysis there is at least 50% of marks is required. Means above 50% or 50% marks having students can apply. But there few B-Schools accepting less than 50% marks. Which means you can go for MBA degree with less than 50% marks but you couldn’t get more choices.
CAT Entrance Exam
CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This test is a computer-based test and conduct by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). The CAT exam is conducted every year in the month of August by the IIM.
1) Candidate should be a Bachelor’s Degree holder, with at least 50% marks. And if a candidate belonging to SC, ST or person with a disability then the candidate must have minimum 45% marks.
2) A candidate who is in the final year of a degree and who are completed a degree but still waiting for results are also can apply for the exam.
Admission process: A candidate should be a shortlisted by the IIM for the second stage of selection. This selection process includes a Written Ability Test (WAT) and a Personal Interview (PI). They also consider previous academic records of candidates.
CAT Exam Pattern:
This CAT entrance exam has 3 sections:
- Verbal Reasoning and Reading Comprehension: this section has 60 minutes to solve 34 questions.
- Quantitative Aptitude: this section has 60 minutes to solve 34 questions.
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning: this section also has 60 minutes to solve 32 questions.
Related Post- CAT ENTRANCE EXAM, ELIGIBILITY & ADMISSION PROCESS